Topeka, Kan. – The Kansas Department of Commerce, in partnership with KANSASWORKS, will host the KANSASWORKS Statewide Job Fair on March 7, 2019. The annual job fair will provide employers, veterans, and job seekers with the unique opportunity to connect face-to-face.
“Wherever I go in our state, I hear from businesses seeking the employees they need to grow and from workers seeking new job opportunities to help them advance their careers,” said Acting Secretary of the Kansas Department of Commerce David Toland. “The Statewide Job Fair is part of the solution to these challenges, providing a great opportunity to bring together talented Kansas workers and growing Kansas companies.”
The Statewide Job Fair is also an opportunity for veterans of any status and their families to meet with a variety of employers in various industries and fields. Veterans at any stage in their career search are invited, including active duty, reservists, or National Guard.
“The Kansas workforce is made up of talented, highly-skilled individuals with a passion and drive that brings an inherent value to everything they do,” said Mike Beene, Kansas Department of Commerce Director of Employment Services. “Our workers make up the fabric of this state, holding it together through their commitments to hard work and excellence.”
The job fair will be open to all job seekers from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the following locations across the state:
- Colby: Colby Community College, Multi-Purpose Room, 1255 South Range
- El Dorado: Train Depot, 430 N. Main Street
- Kansas City: Wyandotte County Workforce Center, 626 Minnesota Avenue
- Independence: Memorial Hall Civic Center, 410 N. Pennsylvania Avenue
- Lawrence: Peaslee Technical Center, 2920 Haskell Avenue, #100
- Leavenworth: Leavenworth County Workforce Center, 515 Limit Street, Suite 200
- Manhattan: Holiday Inn Across from the Campus, 1641 Anderson Avenue
- Overland Park: Johnson County Public Library, Central Resource Library, 9875 West 87th Street
- Salina: The Kansas Army National Guard Training Center, Building 365, 2929 Scanlan Avenue
- Topeka: West Ridge Mall, Lower Center Court, 1801 SW Wanamaker Road
- Wichita: Wichita Workforce Center, 2021 North Amidon Avenue
Registration for the Statewide Job Fair can be done via the following links:
Colby, Independence, Kansas City, Lawrence, Leavenworth, Overland Park, Salina, Topeka: https://www.eventbrite.com/o/kansasworks-18343559329
El Dorado, Manhattan, and Wichita have reached full capacity.
For more information, job seekers and employers may visit any Workforce Center or call (877) 509-6757.