Apr 20, 2022
Join the U.S. Commercial Service to learn about the Chilean aquaculture sector and opportunities for U.S. companies.
Chile is a world class food exporter and the second largest producer and exporter of salmon. Hear about opportunities for U.S. products and technologies that improve aquaculture efficiency and promote sustainability!
The world’s future for food production is in the oceans and Chile has competitive and comparative advantages to develop sustainable aquaculture. Salmon aquaculture uses 13 times less water and has a carbon print ten times less than stockbreeding. Salmon protein is most suitable for both human consumption and other applications you can learn more about from this informational webinar.
• Adolfo Alvial, Senior International Aquaculture Consultant specializing in R&D+I
• Bret Tate, Agriculture Attaché, Embassy of the United States of America, Santiago, Chile
Best Prospects for U.S. Companies include:
• Treatment/eradication of harmful algae
• Water treatment systems for aquaculture production centers
• Systems to prevent fish leak from cages
• Reinforced cage structures
• Reinforced nets
• Remediation of seabed
• Desalination plants
• Production system operations
• Control of residues on beaches
• Systems to help reduce the use of antibiotics and antiparasitic products
• Systems to minimize the impact on seabed and the environment
• Diving security devices
• Robots to help minimize necessary risk jobs
Date: April 21, 2022
12:00pm-1:15pm ET/9:00am-10:15 PT
Location: Virtual via Webex
More Information: [email protected] and [email protected]