TOPEKA – Jobseekers are invited to attend the State of Kansas State Agency Career Fair at the State Capitol Building’s first floor rotunda from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, November 8. This career fair, co-hosted by KANSASWORKS and the Kansas Department of Commerce, will feature 16 state agencies representing more than 500 available jobs.
“We have numerous openings across multiple state agencies that could open the door to a great public service career for the right person,” Lieutenant Governor and Secretary of Commerce David Toland said. “Our dedicated staff couldn’t be more excited to provide this opportunity for Kansas jobseekers.”
Employers in attendance include:
- Kansas Adjutant General’s Department
- Kansas Bureau of Investigation
- Kansas Department for Children and Families
- Kansas Department of Administration
- Kansas Department of Aging & Disability Services
- Kansas Department of Agriculture
- Kansas Department of Commerce
- Kansas Department of Corrections
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Kansas Department of Labor
- Kansas Department of Transportation
- Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks
- Kansas Highway Patrol
- Kansas Neurological Institute
- Kansas Office of Information Technology Services
“I have worked for the State of Kansas for 24 years, and the one thing I’ve always noticed is that many people aren’t familiar with how to apply for employment with the state,” Human Resources Recruiter Angie Krahe said. “This fair is a great way to bridge that gap and showcase the hundreds of career opportunities available.”
Registration is not required to participate in the event. Attendees are encouraged to dress formally, as a photographer will be available from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. to take free professional headshots. KANSASWORKS will be on site with a Mobile Workforce Center, which houses a computer lab, internet access and trained workforce staff to assist with resume building.
For those unable to attend, KANSASWORKS also is hosting the State of Kansas Agencies Virtual Job Fair from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, November 15. Registration is required to attend the virtual job fair, which can be found here. Any individual with a disability may request accommodations by contacting their nearest workforce center at (877) 509-6757 prior to the event.