The Governor’s Exporter of the Year award has been given to a Kansas company for more than three decades. The award brings statewide recognition to companies for their exporting efforts and showcases companies as role models of exporting success in Kansas.
The 2022 Exporter of the Year winner, Textron Aviation, is home to Beechcraft, Cessna, and Hawker brands. Textron has one of the most versatile and comprehensive aviation product portfolios in the world, providing customers with more than 250,000 aircraft in over 170 countries.
Other finalists for the Exporter of the Year award include Industrial Accessories Company (IAC) in Mission and DataLocker in Overland Park.
“Both Vortex Global and Textron Aviation exemplify what Kansas has become – a state where innovation thrives and businesses can grow and succeed. These companies, and all of the To the Stars award-winners, deserve credit for their significant contributions to Kansas’ record-breaking economy.”Governor Laura Kelly
• March 1 – April 15 – Nomination period.
• April 15 – Company Data Questionnaire sent to nominated businesses.
• May 20 – Deadline for Company Data Questionnaire to be completed.
• June 14 – Finalists selected.
• June 15 – 30 – Finalist company visits
• August – Finalists presentations in Topeka.
• October – Winner announced at the To The Star award dinner
• A company must currently operate in and export from Kansas to be eligible for the award.
• Companies must be in good standing with the state.
• There are no restrictions on who may nominate a company for the award.
• A company can self nominate.