Kansas Rural Opportunity Zones
Rural Kansas is full of opportunities.
Kansas is filled with the natural beauty, simplicity and communal bonds of rural life. We want you to experience the peace and joy of rural Kansas so much that we’ll even throw in some added bonuses.
The state of Kansas has designated 77 counties as “Rural Opportunity Zones,” which means moving there comes with significant added benefits. Designated counties offer one or both of the following financial incentives for new full-time residents:
- State income tax waivers for up to five (5) years
- Student loan repayments of up to $15,000 over a period of five (5) years
- Individuals currently living outside a Rural Opportunity Zone
- Professionals willing to practice in rural communities
- You must have a permanent address in a participating county (see map above), so long as that address was established on or after July 1, 2011, or after the county began participating in the program.
- Applicants must have an active student loan balance in their name, as well as an associate’s, bachelor’s or post-graduate degree prior to moving to the participating county.
- To apply, you will need to provide proof of domicile in the ROZ County, proof of previous permanent residency (prior to earning your degree), transcripts with degree dates and student loan balance with distribution dates.
In order to receive funding, you will need a sponsor. Employer and Foundation Sponsors can fill out the sponsorship form here.
Applications will open upon pending 2021 legislation.
Submit your annual proof of continued ROZ domicile
ROZ Program Evaluation and Recommendations
Rural Opportunity Zone Participant Agreement
Sponsor Confirmation Form
Want to Learn More About Tax Credit & Financing?
In Partnership with the Office of Rural Prosperity.