Kansas is filled with the natural beauty, simplicity and communal bonds of rural life. We want you to experience the peace and joy of rural Kansas so much that we’ll even throw in some added bonuses.
The state of Kansas has designated 95 counties as “Rural Opportunity Zones,” which means moving there comes with significant added benefits. Designated counties offer one or both of the following financial incentives for new full-time residents:
1. Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Administered By Kansas Department of Commerce (KDC)
• Partners with Counties, Cities, Employers, and Foundations
• Provides up to $15,000 in Student Loan Repayment Assistance over 5 years
2. 100 % State Income Tax Credit
• Administered By Kansas Department of Revenue (KDOR)
• Filed with state taxes; only eligible with online filing on KDOR website
For questions regarding ROZ applications and eligibility please email KDC_ROZ@ks.gov for the quickest response.