Across Kansas, there are successes ignited by communities working together for the economic growth and sustainability of their culture, places, and people. Community Development programs and investments fuel community-driven success.
- Kansas Main Street provides programming and technical assistance for downtown development.
- Kansas Creative Arts Industries Commission provides support for the development of arts, culture, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Rural Opportunity Zones offer an incentive for college graduates to grow their life in rural Kansas counties.
- Community Development Block Grants fund essential infrastructure such as waterlines and streets and sidewalks, community facilities and services such as childcare, parks, playgrounds, broadband and community centers, and housing rehabilitation.
- Community Service Tax Credits increase the impact of Kansas non-profits and public health care organizations for children and family services, non-governmental crime prevention, youth apprenticeship and youth technical training and health care projects.
- The Rural Housing Incentive District Act provides an opportunity for cities to capture valuation increases on housing developments and upper-story housing downtown for critical improvements.
Your success is our success – help us showcase your community! Sharing your success story will help inspire opportunities for other Kansas communities. After a success story is submitted, it will be reviewed by our team and considered for a full feature story with pictures.